Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The Verve - Forth  (Read 706 times)

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
The Verve - Forth
« on: August 28, 2008, 02:13:21 PM »

Got "Forth" the new album from The Verve on Monday and the 11 year wait since 1997's "Urban Hymns" is well worth the wait , it's monster of an album .
This band can really play and sing , with great psychedelic soundscapes it washes over you like the best of trips .
The stunning "Rather Be" , "Judas" and the very Pink Floyd "Numbness" are brilliant , but the standout track for me is the blistering "Noise Epic" and it's epic in every sense 8 minutes of the best rock i've heard in a long time.
Richard Ashcroft was right to get this band back together again , if your going to make a comeback album then make one like this fantastic record .
It's my album of the decade by a mile , and i've heard some good music from the likes of RadioHead ,Coldplay , and Paul Weller in recent times , but this album blows them out of the water in my opinion   (thumbsup)

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
Re: The Verve - Forth
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 02:25:43 PM »

Oh, the Verve! I like their Bitter Sweet Symphony! But then who doesn`t?

BlueMeanie

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 11:23:47 AM »

Good album Dave. Takes a few listens, and there's no real stand out track, but it grows on you.

sewi

• Getting Better
  • Life is short
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 02:18:33 PM »

I am listening to it right now at work.Not as easy listening at first as I would have imagined:too long and boring instrumental passages for me and quite a sad voice from Richard.A lot of mid-tempos,too long tracks and uninspired melodies.I hope this growns on me as BlueMeanie says,I hope.There is not a single song that I like at the moment and Love is noise is not the classic single,it sounds to me like a filler in anybody else album but who knows.Two listenings,which means two hours,and I am tired of it to say the least.What a disappointment for me!
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 10:31:39 PM »

Quote from: 483
Good album Dave. Takes a few listens, and there's no real stand out track, but it grows on you.

Agree it takes a few listens , but i love it , and Richard Ashcroft as got a great voice .
I don't mind the length of the album either , i like a big canvas sometimes and i think they fill it really well on this album .

sewi

• Getting Better
  • Life is short
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 10:35:26 AM »

After a lot of listens I like Loise is noise, Sit and wonder and Appalachian Springs,the rest sound a bit poor to me.
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make

Page created in 0.443 seconds with 50 queries.