Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: All Things Must Pass vs POB vs McCartney  (Read 2033 times)

BlueMeanie

All Things Must Pass vs POB vs McCartney
« on: February 21, 2009, 12:21:43 PM »

I'm starting this poll because the other one that has Ram instead of McCartney, annoys me. Clearly started by a member of the McCartney family in a conspiracy to prevent his debut solo offering coming bottom of the list.

And also because Dave hasn't started a poll all week!!

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
Re: All Things Must Pass vs POB vs McCartney
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 12:29:09 PM »

POB is original/edgy and all, probably more important music wise (and I think the only truly original solo recoding by any Beatle) but at the end of the day ATMP has better tunes. Oh the humanity.
Mr Harrison gets my vote.
don't follow leaders

BlueMeanie

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 12:40:31 PM »

^ You didn't vote!

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 08:51:41 PM »

LOL! Oh the humanity.  Click that box, Kevin.

Thank you for starting this poll, Paul. I agree with your argument that these constitute the actual debut albums of these 3 Beatles.

I also agree with DaveRam starting polls, but I'm just a nut that way. Thanks!
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 09:41:18 PM »

Quote from: 185
POB is original/edgy and all, probably more important music wise (and I think the only truly original solo recoding by any Beatle) but at the end of the day ATMP has better tunes. Oh the humanity.
Mr Harrison gets my vote.

I think the album POB has Ringo on it, not to mention Klaus Voorman. Can't remember if the brain melting vocals of Ms. Ono make an appearance there or not ...

I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

BlueMeanie

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 11:13:20 PM »

Quote from: 568

I think the album POB has Ringo on it, not to mention Klaus Voorman. Can't remember if the brain melting vocals of Ms. Ono make an appearance there or not ...

I don't think so. There was another album made at the same time, 'Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band' With an almost identical cover.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yoko-Ono-Plastic-Band/dp/B0000009RH/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1235344322&sr=1-5

BlueMeanie

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 10:39:10 AM »

I think POB is overrated. I can understand the imapct it had at the time of release, but all the 'woe is me' stuff gets on my nerves. 'McCartney' has some quite good songs, and a couple of very good ones. I think 'Maybe I'm Amazed' is one of only a handful of ex-Beatles solo songs that would have been worthy of a place on a Beatles album. But some of 'McCartney' is utter sh*te. So, ATMP it is then. Even though I hate the production, some of the songs are marvellous. It's a shame he felt he had to include those studio jams though.

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 11:01:02 AM »

All Things Must Pass .

Sorry my minds gone blank with regard to new polls , but i'm pleased someone else as picked up the mantle .
It's quite a good one Paul (thumbsup)

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 50 queries.