Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatles Lost Masters  (Read 1131 times)

Casbah

• A Beginning
Beatles Lost Masters
« on: March 25, 2009, 02:16:01 AM »

I think I remember seeing a listing somewhere that showed which Beatles sessions masters survived and and which had not. Does anyone recall seeing something like this?  
"Someone told me a few minutes ago they saw John walking on the street once wearing a button saying "I Love Paul." And this girl said she asked him, "Why are you wearing a button that says ' I Love Paul'? He said "Because I love Paul."
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Beatles Lost Masters
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 05:55:41 AM »

Quote from: 1687
I think I remember seeing a listing somewhere that showed which Beatles sessions masters survived and and which had not. Does anyone recall seeing something like this?  

That's really funny you write this, because just today I was reading how the Love Me Do master apparently doesn't exist, and the "best" copy Abbey Road studios has is a pristine 45 that used to be owned by a collector!
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

BlueMeanie

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 10:01:27 AM »

I don't remember which version of Love Me Do doesn't exist, but on either the CD of Please Please Me, or Past Masters Vol. 1 the best quality vinyl they could find was used. I think it was German, though I'm not sure.

There are likely to be many other songs that exist in their finished state, but where no outtakes exist anymore. Judging from what has appeared on bootlegs in the past.

Out Of Me Head

• A Beginning
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 10:32:53 PM »

That doesn't surprise me about the 45, didn't they have a cleaner recently throwing a load of Beatles photos in the bin.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 04:17:43 PM »

Quote from: 483
I don't remember which version of Love Me Do doesn't exist, but on either the CD of Please Please Me, or Past Masters Vol. 1 the best quality vinyl they could find was used. I think it was German, though I'm not sure.

It's the Past Masters version of "Love Me Do", with Ringo on drums and no tambourine, released on the first issue of the single. It seems that the other version of that song (with Andy White on drums and Ringo on tambourine) was considered as the best and released on the Please Please Me LP and the next issues of the single. So the mono mix master tape of the first version was deleted.
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 43 queries.