Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mackenzie Phillips' autobiography  (Read 5201 times)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
Mackenzie Phillips' autobiography
« on: September 23, 2009, 12:23:01 PM »

Mackenzie Phillips: I Slept with My Own Father

"Don't hate my father," Mackenzie Phillips tells PEOPLE.

But in a tell-all book out Wednesday, the former childhood actress reveals that her dad, musician John Phillips of the '60s band the Mamas and the Papas, engaged with her in a long-term incestuous relationship.

Phillips, 49, who has survived drug addiction, arrests and divorce, writes in the book High on Arrival that she was already a star playing a boy-crazy teen on the TV sitcom One Day at a Time when her father had sex with her on the night before she was to marry Jeff Sessler, a member of the Rolling Stones entourage, in 1979.

"On the eve of my wedding, my father showed up, determined to stop it," writes Phillips, who was 19 and a heavy drug user at the time. "I had tons of pills, and Dad had tons of everything too. Eventually I passed out on Dad's bed."

"My father was not a man with boundaries. He was full of love, and he was sick with drugs. I woke up that night from a blackout to find myself having sex with my own father."

"Had this happened before? I didn't know. All I can say is it was the first time I was aware of it."

Phillips' life began to spiral out of control. In 1980, she was fired from One Day at a Time because of her constant drug use. That same year, she went to rehab – with her father. Her sexual relationship with him had become consensual.

For much more from Macknezie's book – including her fling with Mick Jagger, what her family said about her rape accusations and her fears that she was pregnant with her own father's baby – pick up the new issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands now

MacKenzie also talks about her affair with Mick Jagger at age 18, saying, "Mick Jagger locks the door and he says 'I've been waiting for this since you were ten years old.'"
This will ruin some people's reputations forever...
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: Mackenzie Phillips' autobiography
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 04:37:35 PM »

When I read this I was like D: No wonder she's so messed up. I cannot even imagine how horrible that must have been for her.

And I can never listen to The Mamas and the Papas the same way again...
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 07:53:22 PM »

My god thats shocking .

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 08:03:44 PM »

Wow  :-\

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 08:18:18 PM »

I can stay till it's time to go

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 08:20:11 PM »

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 08:27:19 PM »

THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 08:29:06 PM »

Michelle Phillips claims that Mackenzie made this all up:

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/celebrities/index.ssf/2009/09/michelle_phillips_on_incest_cl.html

The mother (or in this case, step-mother) never does believe. STFU Michelle. You were never anything but a pretty face anyway,

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 08:37:09 PM »

California Dreamin'

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 10:51:10 PM »

I heard this today and just about puked!!!!  That is sooooo sick!!!!  No wonder she's all f&%*ed up!!!!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 01:24:42 AM by aspinall_lover »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 10:58:15 PM »

It'll sell books.  That's for sure!

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 12:03:01 AM »

I dont think I believe it. I dont take much stock in anything that drug riddled woman has to say.

Sounds like an attention getter to me for a new book she's trying pimp.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 12:11:02 AM »

I dont think I believe it. I dont take much stock in anything that drug riddled woman has to say.

Sounds like an attention getter to me for a new book she's trying pimp.

It's reactions like this that makes rape/incest victims afraid to speak out.

Do you honestly think someone would make up a story about having a TEN YEAR "consensual" relationship with their father? If she was just lying for attention she'd say he molested her when she was a kid. These allegations are not the kind of thing you just fabricate.

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 01:27:10 AM »

I believe that.  But didn't I read also her half sister, Chynna, the blonde of "Wilson/Phillips" said she also had "incest" with her dad???  Correct me if I'm wrong...

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 02:31:50 AM »

It's reactions like this that makes rape/incest victims afraid to speak out.

Do you honestly think someone would make up a story about having a TEN YEAR "consensual" relationship with their father? If she was just lying for attention she'd say he molested her when she was a kid. These allegations are not the kind of thing you just fabricate.

Why tell it now? Why is this just leaking out at this time(new book,,,hmmm),,,especially for something that supposedly went on for 10 years. Sorry, i'm throwing the bullsh*t flag on this one. This stuff needed to be said when she was 19, not now.

Regardless, i'm sure all the vegan emotional basket cases will be lining up to give her their money that she'll spend on more booze and drugs.

Sorry to be skeptical, but if it is true then I feel sorry for her and hope that her father is being treated as such in the afterlife.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2009, 02:34:29 AM »

aspinall_lover, a "consensual" relationship with her father means "incest" with her dad.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 02:44:42 AM »

Why tell it now? Why is this just leaking out at this time(new book,,,hmmm),,,especially for something that supposedly went on for 10 years. Sorry, i'm throwing the bullsh*t flag on this one. This stuff needed to be said when she was 19, not now.

Yeah, I'm sure that in the totally enlighted year of 1979, a drug addict is going to be believed when she claims that her very famous and beloved father raped her. Obviously, all 19 year olds are capable of going forward with something like that.
Besides, as she said, it was supposedly "consensual" (though there was obviously a Stockholm Syndrome thing going on).

It takes most victims of abuse years, if not decades, to deal with what happened to them. Mackenzie Phillips grew up in the public eye, and everyone sees her as a pathetic, drug-addled mess. Perhaps she wants to set the record straight and maybe show some people how she got to be so screwed up. Yeah, she wrote a book about it, but that's just how some people deal with things. Tori Amos made almost entire album about being raped.

This is sad news to me because I grew up with The Mamas & the Papas' music and I watched Ms. Phillips on the kids' show So Weird. And it grosses me out, and I wish it weren't true. Yet, I believe her. The fact that Chynna has come out and said that Mackenzie told her this in 1997 should say something. Why would she keep up a lie like that for so long?

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2009, 03:11:16 AM »

Besides, as she said, it was supposedly "consensual" (though there was obviously a Stockholm Syndrome thing going on).

It takes most victims of abuse years, if not decades, to deal with what happened to them. Mackenzie Phillips grew up in the public eye, and everyone sees her as a pathetic, drug-addled mess. Perhaps she wants to set the record straight and maybe show some people how she got to be so screwed up.

You're showing much insight into the problem here and these are two very strong points, Mairi.

I'm sure that in the totally enlighted year of 1979, a drug addict is going to be believed when she claims that her very famous and beloved father raped her.

John Phillips had been pretty messed up for years in 1979.

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2009, 08:11:38 AM »

My experience of working with abused people is it can take years to talk about it , it depends on the individual .
Over 70% of all abuse takes place in the family or extended family it's a very hidden world .

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2009, 08:56:18 AM »

Well, even Mackenzie is throwing the 'consensual' word around and that raises a red flag.

If it is true, thats some pretty disturbing sh*t right there.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.683 seconds with 87 queries.